Free School Meals
You could be entitled to claim a Free School Meal for your Child!
Each year the Government allocates additional funding to schools so that free school meals can be provided for children who have been registered. This additional funding is also available to be spent on resources, intervention and staff. With this in mind, we would ask you to read the following information regarding eligibility for free school meals. Even if you and your child prefer to have a packed lunch from home, if your child is entitled to receive free school meals we would be grateful if you would complete the 'Free School Meals' form available from the school office or available to download below as it helps our school to receive the additional funding.
Am I entitled?
Free meals are available to any full-time pupil who attends a school and is eligible.
You can get free school meals for your child if you or your partner gets either:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit only (with a family income of less than £16,190 as assessed by HMRC)
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Employments and Support Allowance - Income Related only